Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Missing the sunshine!

This time last year we were "wintering" in the Caribbean. It was wonderful! I'm so ready to be done with Klamath Falls and SNOW/COLD/WIND! Brandon was doing an elective rotation at the University. It was lots of fun to see the island again. Surprisingly NOTHING with the island itself had changed! However, the university had tons of new buildings and even a SUBWAY! The church has now established a presence there which was awesome to see. They have two chapels and have already outgrown them. It was really nice to attend church with "local" members and see missionaries tracting in the blazing heat! It was fun for Ryan to experience island life with us. He thoroughly enjoyed swimming everyday and living at the beach. This is a picture from our favorite beach. Ry was only 2 and half then....I thought he was so grown up. Poor kid, we always expect so much out of him because he has always been so verbal and intelligent. The other night I was on his case about something and Ryan looked up at me and said " jeez Mom I'm just a kid! ".








1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys to move! Congratulations! Your boys are so incredibly handsome. Those eyes! I'm sure they melt you everyday.

    ReplyDelete