Friday, February 6, 2009

Practice makes perfect

Well it's official......we have a place to practice! We thought we would never see this day!!!! Seven years ago we stuck a rental sign in the yard of our first home and drove away. Now seven years later with a MD and two kids we get to put down roots again. We always thought we would go back home to GP. As the time drew closer to make a decision, that really did not fit our lifestyle any longer. We were DINC's then. Now that we are parents we were looking for a certain type of community for our boys. When it comes right down to it our boys are EVERYTHING to us.

We have found a charming little community up north, and we couldn't be happier! Our new home will be in Tillamook Oregon. We looked at quite a few places and were pleased to find a place right here in Oregon. We love the pacific northwest and have always wanted to live near the beach. This town really fits the bill. Brandon has accepted a position with a Family Medicine Practice associated with the local Hospital in Tillamook. We are currently house shopping in Bay City (10 minutes from Tillamook) we want to live near the water. Brandon would only have a 10 minute commute! He only has twenty minutes now--but when it snows in Klamath it takes about 45 minutes! (They can't be bothered to plow the roads here) That's another plus to coastal living vs. the basin--NO SNOW!

The boys and I had a blast in this little community this fall when Brandon was doing a rotation with one of the local Doc's. We toured the private school (can't wait to enroll Ryan this fall--he begs to go to school everyday. Most of his friends started pre-school at 2 and a half, so he feels a little left out.) We went to the library 3 times a week (they have story times for kids going on all week). Played at the park for hours. This park has retired trains next to it that are just parked on old tracks. As you can imagine Ryan was thrilled to have his very own "shunting yards" We played on those trains all morning. He was the the driver,which left the roll of "Sir Topham Hatt" for yours truly..... Anybody familiar with "Thomas the Tank Engine" knows that is not a sought after part for a cute girl like myself! On the weekends we brought the boys to the beach, air museum, and of coarse the Tillamook cheese factory. We love Tillamook's close proximity to Portland. This will allow us to bring the boys to plays and other cultural events. Not to mention access to an international airport (PDX) with great prices on fares.


The picture below is from this fall. Ryan wanted to go the beach everyday! He dug in the sand convinced he was going to find "Pirate Gold".......he's three what does he know about pirate gold? After a while he settled for picking flowers and "decorating" my hair, sand cakes, and baby Evan's carseat. Can't wait to get back and enjoy that ocean breeze!








3 comments:

  1. I"M SO JEALOUS! You get to live by the Tillamook Cheese Factory and eat their ice cream and cheese every day! Does that mean your boys will be CheeseHeads for their high school mascot? I love it... I LOVE the Oregon Coast - we've been going there every year since before I was born. Ok, so next time I'm at the Oregon Coast, I'm gonna come see you. Just post LOTS of pics from where you live cuz I miss that place. Congrats on putting down roots, it's a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"M SO JEALOUS! You get to live by the Tillamook Cheese Factory and eat their ice cream and cheese every day! Does that mean your boys will be CheeseHeads for their high school mascot? I love it... I LOVE the Oregon Coast - we've been going there every year since before I was born. Ok, so next time I'm at the Oregon Coast, I'm gonna come see you. Just post LOTS of pics from where you live cuz I miss that place. Congrats on putting down roots, it's a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a lucky girl! I'm happy for you that you get your stint by the coast. Since you took Cynthia's place by the coast when she moved, does that mean it's my turn when you guys move away? I sure hope so. I need the ocean! Anyway I'm so happy that you guys are still going to be in OR and that Brad founds something that you feel is a good fit.

    ReplyDelete