Friday, February 20, 2009

Trying to be a fun Mom....


What kid screams when you finally let them ride the train outside of the grocery store? Actually, Evan does this 24-7 now, unless I'm holding him....... He just went to the doctors for his nine month and SCREAMED the entire time. He did not need any immunizations--thankfully!


So...... my floors are dirty, laundry is piled up, the dishes sit until the end of the day (midnight) when Evan finally passes out in his swing. No such luck in the daytime, Ryan is just too LOUD. I keep the swing in the back bedroom in the daytime but Ryan always successfully wakes him up after about 5 minutes!

Thankfully I can still CRAM him into that swing! Fisher Price really out did themselves when they invented the Papasan cradle swing. I passed them up when I had Ryan because they are UGLY, it screams " I'm a huge plastic baby accessory". Now that I'm an "experienced" Mom I go for function. I love that these swings lay down so the baby can sleep comfortably while swinging. The weight limit goes up to 25lbs which we have now maxed, even at it's highest setting it now swings really SLOW. This swing plugs in,which is a huge plus, since we went through 4 Costco packs of D cells with Ryan! So if you need to get a swing for your baby--go for any of the Fisher Price Papasan or cradle swings. WELL worth the money and worth the eyesore in your living room.

2 comments:

  1. I have the fisher price Papasan swing and LOVE IT!!but mine doesn't plug in Darn.I got mine at Target when i was pregnant with Chase which was two years ago now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember with Austin it was the bouncy chair. He sat in it, ate snacks in it, napped in it. When he finally turned TWO we took it apart and got him a big kid chair. For some reason the swing has not been as popular but we do what works right? I love that picture, very cute!

    ReplyDelete