Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Enjoying the Boys



I say this a lot--but I love not having to worry about school yet for my boys! We NEVER rush in the mornings unless we have a doctor's appointment or some other annoyance. Ryan and Evan laugh at each other all day starting first thing in the morning.....they are the only ones laughing. I'm not a morning person never have been. Grew to love it on my mission--but have since not acquired a taste for it. I'm really good late at night and in the wee hours of the morning. To the benefit of our boys I guess. When they need to nurse (EVAN--in case you thought I was still nursing Ryan...) or when they are sick, nightmares, etc. I'm johnny on the spot and I bring my "A" game. I do all of my best work late at night write a talk, pack for a trip, clean my kitchen, organize a closet or drawer. I'm really enjoy the "baby stage". That's the biggest reason why there are 3 years between my boys. I did not want to miss any of Ryan's baby days. With a three year gap Ryan is old enough to enjoy Evan's right there with me. Small children are challenging but I rely on my mantra of the big 3-- when they are crabby, disobedient (Ryan) or just plain destructive (Ryan). I fix one of the 3's or all depending on the situation. FEED them! Get them BUSY doing something or get them down for NAPS! It's ALWAYS one of these 3. Little children act out when they are BORED, TIRED, or HUNGRY. Anyway, I'm thankful for the easy years of child rearing--shaking in my boots for the driving/seminary years!

3 comments:

  1. Your boys are so cute.Where did you get their jammies I love them!Evan is a chunky monkey I LOVE IT!None of mine unfortantely where chunky monkey but I think that this little girl i'm carrying will be our biggest and I'm loving that.I love chubby babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys sound fabulous! They are totally adorable too, by the way. And those jammies... Oh my gosh! I NEED those!

    I am with you on the morning/night time thing. Hate mornings, love late nights. Strange how that sometimes works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed that you were reading seriously so blessed. Can you do me a favor and check my blog out too, I am trying to drum up some visits to my site. This week we have an unofficial interview with twilight author, Stephanie Meyers Prom date. Good luck with the boys

    Sorry to bother you, and take care.

    temparoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete