Friday, February 13, 2009

Nine Months




Happy nine months Evan! You now have more time out than in. We love your sweet cheerful disposition. Mommy loves all of your chubby rolls! You kind of learned to crawl on Sunday. Well, it's more of a slither. Like Ry Ry you have a lot of mass to move...... So you are content to roll from place to place or drag your belly and legs behind you. Mommy does NOT mind at all that you and Ry were slow crawlers.... you guys can tear up enough stuff just rolling! You have been such a nice addition to our family. Ryan LOVES you and wants to do everything with you -including wrestling..... Ryan was very interested in you when you were born. When you were three days old I had just finished nursing you and placed you in your pack N play. Ryan was playing trains in the family room near your pack N play. I went to the kitchen to refill my water jug.....just as I came around the corner Ryan comes around the corner with YOU in his arms! He had the biggest smile on his face he was so proud of himself...and said"look Mommy this is a really big baby". I almost died! I walked very slowly to Ryan and scooped you up and checked you all over to make sure you were okay. To Ryan's credit he had you cradled in his arms PERFECT, just liked we had practiced on this doll he named Caribou. I was gone maybe 15 seconds.....I never dreamed he would be able to get you out of the little bassinet potion of the play yard. I should have known better since Ry has always been so tall. In hindsight I should have grabbed the camera it was right by us on the counter. I would have liked to of captured the sweetness that Ryan showed toward you as he held you. I was just so worried about how he got you out of the play yard--I had visions of little boys carrying cats around the neck... Anyway, we all went to sit down on the couch and take a breather. I had kept my postpartum hormones in check before that. I started crying, bawling really. (I'm not a crier!) Ryan kept saying "I'm sorry Mommy, I just love him". I reassured him that I was not mad at him just scared for the baby. It was really hot that day too. We were waiting for the guy to come and fix the AC--so that made it worse. I'm always so hot after having a baby. Later after I had regained some composure I asked Ryan how he got you out of the play yard and he said "I pulled him by his feet"! I was still freaked until Daddy could come home and check you out. You were fine! It is now one of your brother's favorite stories to tell "Hey Mom do you remember that day I got the baby out and you just cried and cried?" Later that day as I held you I Thanked Heavenly Father for sending you almost a month early. You were so tiny, If you had been heavier maybe Ryan would have dropped you? You continue to delight us with you personality and we are grateful for your spirit and cute chubby thighs!

1 comment:

  1. Angela, that is a great story. I love your blog. I came across it from Lindsey's who reads mine. I think Evan and Morgan must be almost the same age! She was born May 6. Glad to see you on facebook!

    ReplyDelete